Online registration for this event is now closed. If you would be interested in attending please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us for our Signature Series programs on Tuesday, October 26th at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens from 10:00 a.m. until 1:45 p.m. We are looking forward to resuming our in-person meetings and will gather in the Kelly Education Center. To help us celebrate, a drawing will be held at the end of the program for a $50 VISA gift card.
Thanks to our Sponsors
Important Statement on COVID Protocols
For the safety of all of our members and guests, VGPC encourages all individuals attending our in-person programs to be vaccinated. Masks will be required for all participants, and we will be practicing social distancing. Box lunches will be provided for all registrants.
Session 1: Leveraging Major Data into Major Gifts
This interactive presentation will answer these questions and more, providing you with:
- Current industry data and trends, focusing on Giving USA 2021. Giving USA is the longest-running, most comprehensive study on philanthropy.
- Differences in giving across different subsectors and between the primary donor sources including individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Insights into recent trends and lessons learned about fundraising in uncertain times.
- The opportunity to share your experiences and learn from others.
This session is designed to increase understanding of philanthropy on a macro level as well as provide tips on how the data can be applied to your work.
Session 2: Leaving a Lasting Legacy: Incorporating Planned Giving into Fundraising Strategy
More than ever, planned giving is important in creating a robust and diverse future income stream. How did the uncertainty in 2020 impact bequests last year? What motivates donors to make a legacy gift? What factors influence these decisions? And how can you put the data and trends into action?
This presentation will provide insight into:
- The planned giving results from Giving USA 2021 and other key sector reports including Leaving a Legacy: A New Look at Planned Giving Donors, a special report published by the Giving USA Foundation.
- Key trends, motivations and information that will help you work more effectively with prospective planned giving donors.
- The characteristics of nonprofits that inspire planned gifts and how to create and promote those aspects of the organization.
- Practical ideas and resources to keep you moving forward even in the midst of ongoing challenges.
Join us as we explore the data and dive deep into how this information can be put to work to drive fundraising and planned giving success.
Keith Curtis has more than 30 years of experience in fundraising and nonprofit management. He is a sought-after speaker, making up to 40 presentations a year to the nonprofit industry. Keith is past chair of Giving USA Foundation and past chair of the Giving USA Advisory Council on Methodology and has spoken on the report in many national publications and broadcasts. Keith has served on the Dean of the Strome College of Business’ Executive Advisory Council at Old Dominion University. In recognition of his work in philanthropy, Keith was honored with the 2012 Alumni Service Award from ODU.
As a consultant, Abby Weber works with a wide array of nonprofit clients across different sectors and geographic regions, successfully leading campaign planning studies, campaign management and fundraising capacity building efforts. She currently serves on the board of the Association of Fundraising Professionals Central Virginia Chapter and is a past board member of the AFP Hampton Roads Chapter. She is an active member of the Virginia Association of Fundraising Executives and has conducted trainings through the Virginia Fund Raising Institute, Tidewater Community College Academy of Nonprofit Excellence, Central Virginia Academy of Nonprofit Excellence, and the Hampton Roads Community Foundation. In 2020, Abby was selected by Inside Business as a top “40 Under 40” honoree, recognized for her career and community accomplishments.
- 10:00 am - Registration/Networking
- 10:20 am - Welcome and Announcements
- 10:30 am - Presentation
- 11:45 am - Lunch
- 12:30 pm - Presentation
- 1:45 pm - Adjourn